Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things Versus Experiences

Ultimately, we will have to keep our appointment with destiny. You do know what destiny I speak of, eh? We all will die.

So why not spend more time having memorable experiences which will last a lifetime. Yes they will. Don't you agree that our daily, weekly, yearly and lifetime of experiences are what make us and what determines how happy or unhappy or how satisfied or dissatisfied we are?

I've been giving a lot of thought today on the importance of having as many good experiences as I can.

It is not to say that you don't wish to have any material things or possessions, but to me, having the memory of taking a fabulous vacation to a destination I always wanted to go is so much more lasting and satisfying to me because I can always return in my mind to that memory.

A lot of the fun for me is to reflect on past holidays spent with my family or an outing such as a movie or dinner with a friend. These are priceless experiences and they are what really makes me happy. See, I can go back in time to those experiences and always and am able to think of the what I had been doing and this makes me extremely happy.

Now I'm not going to say that if I received a red Ferrare, it wouldn't make me happy because it definitely would. But things do wear out but my memory can always recapture all my moments and my feelings. Therefore, I want to continue having as many wonderful experiences as possible. Doing all kinds of interesting things and trying new things, is my goal.

Remember things soon get old, broken, lost, sometimes stolen and wear out. Good memories and even bad ones, last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment